9 Reasons to become a fine instrumentalist:
- To fulfill our need to express emotion, which nourishes us, and contributes to our health.
- Develops ability to concentrate.
- Develops ability to organize free time.
- To have many options for participation in fun community, or professional ensembles throughout life.
- Becoming an accomplished musician has been proven to increase IQ and cerebral cortex neuron density.
- Provides kids with a peer group with similar interests in classical music.
- Most of the fun field trips in middle and high school are for the advanced musical ensembles.
- Provides an easy opportunity for supplementary income during college years, and potential living wage after college.
- Provides an opportunity to obtain college scholarship money.